Héctor specializes in capital markets, structured finance, private equity and M&A. He is an expert in securities and regularly advises both private and public companies on issuances in the local market and abroad. He has also developed niche expertise in CKDs (development capital certificates).
Héctor’s structured finance practice is focused on providing advice to lenders on structuring complex bankruptcy-remote payment structures.
He regularly advices on M&A transactions and has also developed expertise in the venture capital and private equity sector, in which he has continuously advised on fund formation and on investment and divestment matters.
Héctor has strong international experience and license that allows him to practice in New York State and regularly advises U.S. and other international clients on transactions in Mexico.
He obtained his LL.M from the University of Michigan Law School, having graduated as a lawyer from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México.
Recent work highlights
A selection of recent transactions and projects on which Héctor advised, include:
• Advised Delta on the structuring and implementation of a private securities issuance placed among Mexican private banking investors and which funds will be used to invest in real estate projects in the United States.
• Advised Blackrock regarding the sale of its participation in Sierra Oil & Gas
• Advised Grupo Herdez in the acquisition of an additional participation of 50% in Moyo to get full control of such yogurt ice cream chain.
• Advised on the creation of private equity Fund, Terrafondo I, managed by TFCAPITAL.
• Assisted real estate developer Desarrollos Delta in the structuring and placement of CKDs in the Mexican market with a total committed issuance amount of MXN$2.2 billion.
• Advised SQN Latina, S. de R.L. de C.V. in connection with the execution of a securitization-like structure to finance the operations of a leasing company in Mexico and the structuring of such leasing company’s day-to-day operations.
• Assisted Gaia Capital with the process of structuring a second private equity fund, which operates as an investment vehicle with the purpose of investing in Mexican entities that fully equip real estate lease properties and rent such equipment to the tenants.
• Advised Barclays as underwriter in connection with the first public offering of structured notes (“certificados bursátiles fiduciarios de proyectos de inversion” – or CERPIs) on the Mexican stock exchange.
• Assisted Cobre del Mayo with its offer to exchange Senior Notes due 2018 for Senior Secured PIK Toggle Notes for a principal amount of up to USD$131.11 million (Secured Notes), and Non-Interest Bearing Subordinated Notes for a principal amount of up to USD $92.42 million.
• Advised CitiBanamex, as part of a group of lenders, in connection with a USD$41 million credit facility, secured by a 100% guarantee from the Export-Import Bank of the United States, to Navistar.