Diego became partner at Nader, Hayaux & Goebel in 2018. With over 12 years of experience, he specializes in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, banking and finance and private equity practice areas.
Diego has worked in multiple capital markets transactions including Proteak IPO (first IPO by a SAPIB), Fibra Educa, Fibra Plus, Fibra Danhos, Carza CKD, PREI II CKD, Axis CKD (including the first capital call performed by a CKD in the Mexican market) and APP Coatzacoalcos Villahermosa (a subsidiary of Mota Engil) securitization of rights stemming from a PPS Agreement. In addition, Diego has been involved in several mergers and acquisitions, including representing Axis Asset Management in connection with a dispute among the shareholders of Oro Negro, concluding with a non-hostile buyout by Axis and a group of private investors of Ares and Temasek’s stake.
Diego has strong international experience. He is regularly involved in cross-border transactions, particularly on the side of Financial Institutions, LPs and GPs.
Diego obtained his law degree from Universidad Iberoamericana in 2008 (Mexico City) and has a Master’s degree from Columbia University Law School (New York, United States, 2012). He is also a fellow of the Southwestern Institute for International and Comparative Law in Texas, having completed a course in International Comparative Law. Diego also worked at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP (New York City office) as a foreign associate.
Recent work highlights include:
- Advised Credit Suisse and Punto Casa de Bolsa as lead underwriters in the MXN$9.43 billion IPO known as Fibra Educa.
- Advised APP Coatzacoalcos Villahermosa (a subsidiary of Mota Engil) in a MXN$1.95 billion securitization of collection rights stemming from a Public-Private Partnership Services Agreement for the rehabilitation, conservation and maintenance of the Coatzacoalcos – Villahermosa highway, a 10 year project awarded to APP by the Ministry of Communications and Transports.
- Advised Carza in the structuring and placement of its first CKD fund focused on residential real estate for an aggregate amount of MXN$2.47 billion.
- Advised Axis Asset Management in connection with a dispute among the shareholders of Integradora de Servicios Petroleros Oro Negro, an integrated and diversified Mexican oil field services company with more than USD$2 billion in assets, concluding with a non-hostile buyout by Axis and a group of private investors of Ares and Temasek’s stake in Oro Negro.
- Advised Punto Casa de Bolsa as lead underwriter in the MXN$1.57 billion IPO of Némesis Capital known as Fibra Plus.
- Advised Acciones y Valores Banamex as lead underwriter in the placement of Prudential’s second CKD fund for an aggregate amount of MXN$4.42 billion.
- Advised Grupo Danhos on its MXN$5.98 billion global IPO known as Fibra Danhos.
- Advised Grupo Elektra in connection with a second public offering of unsecured long term notes of MXN$500 million placed on the Mexican public debt market.
- Advised Axis Asset Management in the placement of its first CKD fund for an aggregate amount of MXN$6.5 billion.