Eduardo has a strong background in banking and finance and specializes in restructuring and workouts, real estate finance and project finance.
He has more than 15 years’ experience advising clients including financial institutions, global real estate investors and leading local corporations on their operations and transactions in the Mexican market.
Eduardo has a strong international practice. He speaks fluent English worked in the Chicago office of international law firm Mayer Brown, where he was involved in major financing transactions.
Eduardo has a particularly strong experience in financing in the hospitality sector. He received a postgraduate degree in Economic and Corporate Law and another in Civil Law from the Universidad Panamericana. He graduated as an attorney from the same university.
A selection of recent transactions and projects on which Eduardo advised, include:
- Representing Banco Nacional de Comercio Exterior in the financing to WSC CKD Litibu for the remodeling and construction of “Hotel Conrad by Hilton” and in a financing to O’Donnell Group for the construction of industrial facilities.
- Advised Banorte and Banamex, as lenders in a secured credit facility granted by such Lenders to LMF Frisa Comercial, for an amount of MXN$4,500 million to repay existing debt and capex.
- Advised Grupo Estancias Extendidas in relation to a syndicated secured credit facility granted by Scotiabank Inverlat, for the construction of nine hotels.
- Advised SabCapital and Banorte on a credit facility granted to Canamex International, for the remodeling and construction of additional rooms of Hotel Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.
- Advised SabCapital in a financing to Alignnmex Capital Manager for the acquisition of land for the construction of several industrial facilities.
- Advised Grupo Konecta, S.L. (the biggest Telemarking company in Spain) in negotiations and final agreement with Comercializadora TLMarketing, and CIE Latin America Investments to acquire participation up to 80% in the capital stock of BConnect Services.
- Advised GE Real Estate México (GEREM) in: (i) the sale of their real estate portfolio to Blackstone Group, becoming the largest sale of real estate assets in Mexico, for US$2.7 billion and MXN$9.9 billion; and (ii) as lender in three guaranteed loans in order to finance the acquisition made by The Blackstone Group of GE Real Estate Mexico’s real estate portfolio for an amount of US$4.2 billion.
- Advised Assurant, Inc in the acquisition of 40% of Iké Grupo Empresarial for US$115 million.
- Advised SURA Group in the acquisition of the insurance company Primero Seguros.