Héctor specializes in capital markets, structured finance, private equity and M&A. He is an expert in securities and regularly advises both private and public companies on issuances in the local market. He has also developed niche expertise in CKDs (development capital certificates), a new type of security instrument recently introduced in Mexico.
Hector’s structured finance practice is focused on providing advice to lenders on structuring complex bankruptcy-remote payment structures.
Hector regularly advises clients on the structuring and operations of private equity and venture capital funds. He has developed extensive experience in the oil and gas sector, in which he has continuously advised on matters of capital markets, financing and mergers and acquisitions.
Hector has strong international experience and he is licensed to practice in New York and regularly advises US and other international clients on transactions in Mexico.
He obtained his LL.M from the University of Michigan Law School, having graduated as a lawyer from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México.
A selection of recent transactions and projects on which Héctor advised, include:
- Advised on the creation of a private equity Real Estate Fund, Terrafondo I, managed by TFCAPITAL.
- Advised real estate developer Desarrollos Delta in the structuring and placement of CKDs in the Mexican market with a target initial issuance of MXN$800 million plus additional commitments, through a capital call mechanism, for a targeted total committed issuance amount of MXN$4 billion (approximately US$216 million).
- Advised Barclays as underwriter in connection with the preparation of the public offering of structured notes (‘certificados bursátiles fiduciarios de proyectos de inversión’ – or CERPIs) through a trust on the Mexican stock exchange.
- Advised SQN Latina in connection with the execution of a securitization-like structure to finance the operations of a leasing company in Mexico and the structuring of such leasing company’s day-to-day operations.
- Advised Axis, as sponsor group and servicer, in preparing the public offering of structured notes (certificados de capital de desarrollo, or CKDs) in the Mexican market with a target initial issuance of MXN$1.3 billion plus additional commitments, through a capital call mechanism, for a targeted total committed issuance amount of MXN$6.5 billion (approx. US$500 million).
- Advised Gaia Capital with the process of structuring a second private equity fund, which will operate as an investment vehicle with the purpose of investing in Mexican entities that will fully equip real estate lease properties and rent such equipment to tenants.
- Advised Cobre del Mayo with its offer to exchange Senior Notes due 2018 for Senior Secured PIK Toggle Notes for a principal amount of up to US$131.11 million (Secured Notes), and Non-Interest Bearing Subordinated Notes for a principal amount of up to US$92.42 million.
- Advised CitiBanamex, as part of a group of lenders, in connection with a US$41 million credit facility, secured by a 100% guarantee from the Export-Import Bank of the United States to Navistar.