Nader, Hayaux & Goebel’s real estate practice group is one of the firm’s biggest practice groups in terms of size and importance; real estate is a core practice area of the firm.
Our real estate practice group was one of the first teams in Mexico to focus on real estate as an independent practice area more than 20 years ago; few other firms in Mexico can offer the same depth of experience and range of expertise.
The firm´s real estate practice group is renowned for its innovative and creative approach. The team is known for handling novel transactions, testing legal theories in the process, and for having the experience and expertise to devise new ways of acquiring and developing real estate.
Our Real Estate Practice Group is highly diversified and has grown substantially in recent years. Our work includes advice to parties in all types of transactions including:
- (i) financings of real estate projects,
- (ii) development, construction and marketing of office buildings, shopping centers, hotels and other commercial, tourism, industrial and residential projects, resorts and mixed-used developments,
- (iii) structuring and creation of investment trusts,
- (iv) structuring and creation of domestic and international funds both private and publicly traded, including real estate CKDs,
- (v) issuance of debentures and securitization of mortgage backed securities and rental payments,
- (vi) structuring and implementation of time-share and fractional ownership systems,
- (vii) acquisitions, sales and sale-lease backs,
- (viii) joint venturing,
- (ix) dispositions,
- (x) private and public offerings of securities representing a real estate interest,
- (xi) acquisitions of industrial and commercial properties and facilities through debt-to-equity conversions,
- (xii) environmental and zoning regulations,
- (xiii) tax advice for real estate projects and resorts, and
- (xiv) privatization process of ejido land to common private property.
Our clients include lenders, funds, developers, borrowers, landlords and tenants. We have also advised State and foreign governments.
Closely cooperating with specialists from the Banking & Finance practice group, our Real Estate group is a real market leader in real estate financing. We have handled many of the largest real estate financings in Mexico. Our real estate lawyers have the skills and expertise in representing both lenders and borrowers in acquisition loans, land development loans, bridge and permanent loans, and construction loans involving the development, purchase, sale or lease of residential, commercial, office and industrial properties as well as hotels and resorts, and mixed-use properties.
Peers acknowledge the ‘deep experience and expertise’ of Nader, Hayaux & Goebel’s real estate team, the core of which has been working together for over 20 years. The practice group handles the full range of real estate services’ across the retail, residential, hospitality and industrial subsectors, and has particular expertise across the transactional and finance aspects of the market. Legal500 Latin America, Real Estate – 2017
We have also worked closely with a number of governmental agencies to further changes in the legal framework for the real estate market, including :
- (i) the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit and the National Commission of Pension Savings (CONSAR) in connection with the creation of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs),
- (ii) the National Banking and Securities Commission with regard to the modernization of CKDs (i.e. private equity trust certificates for real estate investment placed in the Mexican Stock Exchange), and
- (iii) the Federal and State tax authorities to improve the tax treatment of conveyances of real estate to passive real estate trusts.