- About Us
- Practices & Industries
- Our Team
- Contact Us
Ana Paula’s practice focuses mainly on securities and capital markets, with significant expertise in secured transactions, including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and corporate related matters. She is regularly involved in cross-border transactions in connection with the structuring, development and financing of projects in Mexico.
Ana Paula also specializes in real estate finance and investment. She has a strong background in relevant real estate transactions including business, commercial, industrial and residential developments, tourism and leisure projects (hotels, time-share regimes and mixed-use developments). She has substantial experience advising clients on structuring in CKDs (development capital certificates) and FIBRAs (the Mexican equivalent of a U.S. Reit), private funds and other financial investment vehicles for the real estate sector. Ana Paula represents national and international sponsors, banks and financial institutions, global real estate investors and insurance companies, among others.
Ana Paula was ranked by Chamber and Partners Latin America two years in a row as an “Associate to Watch” in the area of Capital Markets prior to her becoming a Partner. She graduated from Universidad Panamericana, attorney at law (2007) and received her LLM from New York University School of Law (2012) with special focus on Corporate Law.
Recent work highlights
• Advised Artha Capital with the issuance of a total of 3 public offering of structured notes (certificados bursátiles fiduciarios de desarrollo) or CKDs, being ARTCK13 and ARTCK13-2, the first multi series CKD in Mexico.
• Advised Fibra Danhos with the issuance of an unsecured note program for up to MXN$8,000 million pesos, and with the first three issuances under such program for up to MXN$4000 million pesos, the last one placed in the Mexican market in July, 2017.
• Advised the investors to the public offering of structured notes (certificados bursátiles fiduciarios de desarrollo) or CKDs placed in the Mexican market with an initial issuance amount of MXN$800 million Pesos plus additional commitments, through a capital call mechanism, for a total committed issuance amount of MXN$4 billion Pesos (approximately USD$216 million) issued by Administradora Be Grand CKD17, S.A. de C.V. as manager and Be Grand CKD 17, S.A. de C.V. as settlor and co investor.
• Advised Metropolitan Life Insurance Company as seller on a share purchase agreement with Principal Financial Group as purchaser whereby 100% of the shares of MetLife Afore and its subsidiaries were acquired by Principal.
• Advised subsidiaries of Grupo Salinas in the acquisition from entities controlled by certain Spanish banks of real estate lots and a development in the Mayan Riviera for USD$136 million dollars.
• Represented Honeywell International and its Mexican subsidiaries in the granting of certain securities in Mexico regarding a bond issuance in the United States by a Luxemburg entity and a syndicated bank facility to a Honeywell affiliate in Switzerland.
• Advised Evercore Casa de Bolsa in the sale of its trustee and common representation business in Mexico through a spin-off / merger process regulated by the Mexican Securities and Banking Commission (Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores).
• Advised CIBanco in the acquisition of Deutsche Bank’s trustee and common representation business in Mexico through a spin-off / merger process regulated by the Mexican Securities and Banking Commission (Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores).